Are you a systems-thinker, detailed-oriented problem solver, and want to support local communities and neighborhoods thrive? If you have 5-10 years of experience creating structure in the midst of major transitions, you should partner with us!
Broad Community Connections (BCC) is a community development organization devoted to building community power by investing in the health and economic, residential, and cultural development of Broad Street neighborhoods. Established in 2008, BCC aims to create a future where New Orleanians of all backgrounds can build power, wealth, health and lead fulfilling lives, regardless of their race or economic standing. We design programs and solutions that target these intersections and center community voices to build power block by block.
Recently, we’ve undergone a great transformation: the hiring of a new executive director and program director, initiation of our organization’s first strategic planning process, and the growth of ongoing and new small business and public health programming. We are searching for an Operations Consultant to help us reset our core operations and lead us to gaining the reputation as one of the most impactful community development organizations in the country.
Are you a self-starter with professional experience in Operations, Strategic Planning, HR, Compliance and/or Legal? If so, we are looking for your skills to help us revamp our startup-like organization into a powerhouse for imaginative and equitable community transformation.
As we grow swiftly, we are looking for your expertise to tackle these areas:
- Internal Operations: Creating and implementing internal systems for an expanding organization, like staff and contractor policies, internal communications norms and productivity tools (i.e. project management software, knowledge management, data privacy & storage) and more.
- HR & Recruiting: Developing methods for discovering, recruiting and retaining world-class staff, implementing compliant systems for onboarding and offboarding employees and performance management
- Finance: Conducting an initial cash flow and budget analysis
- Toolkits that express our values through standardized processes for internal and external communications, program management and data storage.
- Initial implementation of internal systems reorganizing and updating our current systems with a fresh start based upon advising from the Executive Director and staff.
- Recorded sessions with the Executive Director and staff to familiarize the BCC team with the new processes and workflow.
- This is a short-term contract to help us build and implement internal processes and procedures, with a launch at the start of Q1 of 2023. Submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled and will start effective immediately.
The ideal consultant will have skills sets, knowledge, and experience that include the following but are not limited to:
- 5-10 years experience in operations, administration or similar roles (nonprofit, political, corporate, tech backgrounds all welcome)
- Experience managing organizational finances
- Clear & concise written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passionate, flexible and detail-oriented problem solving
- Excited to get their hands dirty to create structure.
Those who are interested should send an email to the Executive Director: Dasjon Jordan, email@example.com with the subject line “BCC Operations and Administrative Consulting 2022”. Please be sure that your proposal is submitted in PDF (.pdf) or Word (doc.) format.
Please answer to the following scenario in no more than three (3) paragraphs:
- Imagine you’ve started working with BCC. As we approach our 13-year anniversary, we’ve started strategic planning, just hired our first full-time staff person, initiated a university-internship partnership and are in need of restructuring our programmatic and administrative processes. Supporting our small non-profit resurfacing after multiple leadership transitions and through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- What would your strategy look like for understanding our organization, its priorities and operational strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you propose we make changes to strengthen our internal workflows and create systems that help our efficiency as we partner with others (i.e. organizations and contractors) on programs and projects? How might you help us implement those recommendations on a two-month timeline?
This exercise is not about having the perfect answer. We want to understand your approach and how you might help us prioritize creating amazing work systems and environments. Please spend no more than an half hour working on this.
Also, include the following information:
- Resume/CV(s) and a brief description of the individual(s)/company who will undertake the project.
- Two (2) client references with whom you have conducted similar work.
- Your proposed budget, including narrative and line items that provide the proposed cost of services and fee schedule for each phase of the project.